Saturday, November 21, 2009

Hold your applause (until your mother gets up)

Whenever Liam gets excited he throws his hands in the air and waves them around. Its also his signature dance move which, incedently, is really funny when "Party in the USA" comes on over the radio.

All the baby books and websites say he should be clapping his hands by now and we all know that his development is a direct reflection of my parenting skills so I figured it was high time I set the bottle down and taught him something.

kidding...

Actually I've been trying to get him to clap for months. He usually just rolls his eyes at me and turns back to his newspaper.

So yesterday morning, I was sleeping in and Chris and Liam were downstairs. Chris was watching SportsCenter and Liam was... clapping.

He just started clapping. And Chris was all, "Hey Lara, look what I taught Liam to do"



Nice Liam, real nice.





Of course, now, he's a clapping fool.

I drop the remote on my foot and double over in pain, Liam claps.



Coral gets eaten by a barracuda, Liam claps.


Chris shouts at Wade Phillips, because that's what Chris does on Sundays, Liam claps
(secretly, I clap too).




1 comment:

  1. Hooray for the new 'clapper'!!! Yeah... he's so darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete