Friday, November 20, 2009

The Queen City Soccer Tournament

A couple of weekends ago Chris's U11 team had a tournament in Charlotte. Liam and I had nothing going on that weekend so we decided to tag along. If you should know anything about me, its that I LOVE to stay in a hotel, that is, if its a nice one. And this one was, with a Starbucks in the lobby!! What more could a new mother ask for?
On a related tangent: how long am I allow to refer to myself as a new mother? I'm setting the statute of limitations at a year. And not a day sooner. Besides he's a little guy, he could easily pass for a 7 month old.

Anyway, we went, the kids played some soccer, Chris shouted a little, Liam was mesmerized by the 40 inch plasma TV in our room and appalled that we were even thinking of making him sleep in the rickety pack and play provided by the hotel. He is SO my son.

I was too busy trying to track down which soccer mom had Liam to take many pictures but I did get a few.

This is a soccer field; grass, not turf, on top of a parking garage.

It's rather ironic that we had to park half a mile a way and walk in.




This is Liam, warming down with some stretches, after the game.




A welcome sunset after several days of hurricane Ida rain. It made the walk back to the car peaceful which was good because we were about to take 10 rowdy ten year olds to Golden Corral restaurant. Which, in case you've never been, is not peaceful... or a place anyone should eat. EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment