Friday, August 6, 2010

5 things I learned on my Summer Vacation

1. The weeks leading up to your vacation will move at a snails pace while your vacation days will go whizzing by you so fast your skirt will fly up.

2. I don't hate the south. I just really love the north. More specifically: the mountains in autumn, snow in the winter, being able to spend most of the day outdoors in the summer. For all of these I will sacrifice spring and endure mud season.

3. My skinny jeans and I are thankful that Freihofers Sourdough bread and chocolate chip cookies ARE NOT available in the south. Man did I stuff my face with Freihofers on vacation.

4. I really don't enjoy traveling by car as much as I thought I did. We spent 5 of the the ten vacation days in the car for 5 hours or more. It just feels like a waste of time especially with a bored to screaming with tears toddler in the backseat. From now on I'm flying. Chris and Liam can meet me there.

5. Being with family is salubrious. I NEED these people in my day to day life.

No comments:

Post a Comment